Impact Protection Vehicle Drivers Course
This course is designed for drivers / operatives who are involved in driving the impact protection vehicle for the purpose of installing, / removing temporary traffic management equipment.
One day training course which includes practical assessments for a maximum of 4 candidates.
At the end of the course candidates should be able to:
- be aware of Health & safety legislation, Sector Schemes, Quality Assurance, Method Statements & Risk Assessments, & other practises within the traffic management industry.
- Know the extent & limitations of an IPV driver.
- Be able to check & operate the IPV.
- Be aware of safe working practices.
- carry out the duties of an IPV driver to company policies utilising relevant TM vehicles, communications and methods.
- Employ procedures for protecting static traffic management operatives on work sites when installing tapers.
- Recognise the types of work requiring full mobile lane closure techniques.
- Demonstrate they can correctly protect mobile hard shoulder workings.
Written question paper / pass mark 75% A vehicle preparation checklist completed successfully. Satisfactory performance on practical assessment. Safe operations of equipment at all times.